We’re fortunate enough to have a bounty of popcorn here at Popcornopolis, and many of the folks who work here enjoy creating in the kitchen. Here’s the latest submission by Diane Cowhill. We hope you’ll enjoy!
Popcornopolis S'Mores Corn Ball Pops
You’re going to love this super cool reinterpretation of two beloved childhood treats: popcorn balls and s’mores. We put them on a stick because, well, food is better on sticks. These pops are great for kids of all ages, simple to make, outrageously tasty, and just as enjoyable in front of a campfire or the newest summer blockbuster.
The thin, crunchy graham cracker cereal provides great texture and flavor--we think they’re the perfect size and really prefer them to graham cracker crumbs. We recommend that for the star ingredient you start out using Popcornopolis Nearly Naked (or Zebra® Popcorn for super decadence), because the flavors tie in really well together and give you a more traditionally “smore’sy” experience. We finish off with two types of chocolate because zebra-striping tastes good and looks absolutely gorgeous.
• 7 cups Popcornopolis Nearly Naked Popcorn
• 1 Tablespoon Butter
• Half of a 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
• 1 cup graham cracker cereal
• Nonstick spray
• ½ cup milk chocolate
• ½ cup white chocolate chips
1. Microwave the butter and marshmallows for 2 minutes on high, stirring every thirty seconds until everything is melted.
2. Combine the graham cracker cereal and popcorn with the marshmallow mixture. Stir until even.
3. Let the mixture cool for a little while and spray your hands with nonstick spray.
4. Once it’s cool enough to handle, take about a cup of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place onto wax paper or muffin tins and stick a coffee stirrer or skewer into the end of it. Let cool completely.
5. Microwave milk chocolate at half power for up to two minutes, stirring every thirty seconds until the chocolate is beautifully melted.
6. Dip a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle on top of the S’mores Corn Pops.
7. Immediately sprinkle with white chocolate chips.
8. Once the chocolate is cool enough, enjoy and “share” with your favorite people.