Valued Customers and Friends,
During this unprecedented time of COVID-19 concern, we have compiled our responses to your most-often asked questions. Please know that we are doing everything we can to keep the Popcornopolis facility running safely, and are looking after the health and well-being of our team members—and by extension, the safety of the products we ship you. Reach us any time by email or by phone if you have additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support. Without you, there would be no Popcornopolis—and we never forget that.
Is the packaging safe?
- We want to assure you that every precaution has been taken to ensure shipments leave our facility free of any contamination.
- The CDC has issued the following statement. “In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient, refrigerated, or frozen temperatures.”
- With respect to our shipping boxes, a recent study by the National Institute of Health found that COVID-19 can survive up to 24 hours on cardboard. Warehousing and shipping times normally exceed 24 hours, but like all goods, shipments may be exposed to others in transit to you.
- We recommend that you handle all shipments carefully and follow the protocols of hand washing as recommended the National Institute of Health.
Is the food safe?
- We want to assure you that the food supply is safe.
- The CDC has issued the following statement. “Currently, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food.”
- Popcornopolis always takes food safety very seriously and we regularly receive unannounced audits of our facility and manufacturing practices. During the most recent unannounced audit our resulting score was 99.6%. (A+)
- It is already normal practice in the food industry for production employees to wash their hands and refrain from touching their faces. We have strongly reiterated the importance of these practices and are monitoring for strict compliance.
- Our production facility uses food grade sanitizers and has significantly increased the sanitization schedule.
What is Popcornopolis doing to prevent the spread?
- As a company, we have taken every precaution recommended by the CDC.
- Earlier this month, we established new safety standards in response to COVID-19 including:
- All employees are required to have their temperature scanned upon entry and are required to go home if there is any evidence of fever.
- All employees are required to remain home if they are showing any signs of illness.
- It is already normal practice in the food industry for production employees to wash their hands and refrain from touching their faces.
- We have strongly reiterated the importance of these practices and are monitoring for strict compliance. We have limited outside visitors and canceled all in-person meetings with vendors.
- We have eliminated all non-essential travel for all employees.
- We have limited internal office meetings and other gatherings to no more than 5 people.